WELCOME TO THE WEST!
The West Kingdom Welcome Committee is offering to pay the $3 Non-Member
Surcharge to welcome you to the West Kingdom. We are a group of West
Kingdom subjects, mostly SCA members, who hold that all subjects of the
Crown are equal, and that membership in the mundane corporation is
irrelevant to your worth. We have decided to put our money where our
mouths are. We welcome you to the West, and hope that you will accept
this gift of our appreciation of you.
This is a gift from us to you.
You cannot pay it back.
(You can, however, pay it forward.)
What can you do to pay it forward? Any of the following:
1. Help an autocrat. The autocrat for this event probably
has everything she needs, but keep an ear out for cries for help, and
definitely look up the autocrat for the next event in your area
2. Help an officer. Heralds, marshals, chatelaine,
constables, all need volunteer help -- quite possibly at this event.
Again, if they are well-staffed now, consider volunteering for the next
event. In between events, consider helping the scribes or the heralds
(and learn an art at the same time).
3. Make someone (or even yourself) a new piece of garb,
to improve the appearance of the West Kingdom.
4. Learn a new art, do a project, share it with your
friends, and enter an Arts or Sciences Competition. The SCA is
about Doing, not Watching.
5. Make a Neat Period Thing and show it off to everyone.
6. Go to court. The whole thing is much more fun if
everyone is going.
7. Be courteous to someone. Offer to help someone who
8. Buy a membership in the SCA, Inc. We aren't forcing
you to do anything, but the form is on the back of this flier.
9. Donate some money or effort to the West Kingdom
10. You decide. We trust you to think of something
You can contact the WKWC by talking to Duke Frederick of Holland
at an event, e-mailing him at email@example.com, or writing
to him at 3334 California Street, Berkeley, CA, 94703. The WKWC
is not a part of the SCA, Inc. We are a group of private
individuals who have more emotion than sense, but see clearly anyhow.
Donations to the WKWC are NOT tax-deductible, sorry.
Our website is http://xray.cchem.berkeley.edu/flieg2/wkwc
Back to WKWC Manifesto
Back to Frederick of Holland home page